ATTRACTIVENESS AGREEMENT BETWEEN REGIONE LOMBARDIA
THE MUNICIPALITY OF BERGAMO (BG)
The privately owned settlement opportunity identified by the Municipality of Bergamo is a 17,466 square meters brownfield area, called the Ex Magazzini Generali Area - Via Rovelli, which is intended for managerial activities / offices. The agreement includes, among the interventions, the improvement of accessibility and road connections to and from the area of the Ex Magazzini Generali and the upgrading of the area next the opportunity, close to the railway system, the local public transport network and the beltway linking the city road viability.
The Municipality of Bergamo is very active in streamlining, as it uses and implements the telematic desk and, through SUAP, supplies the corporate IT file. In terms of tax breaks, the Municipality will reduce the IMU and TASI rate, provide compensation of IMU and TASI debts and credits, and reduce urbanization costs.
Particularly, the following measures / incentives are being implemented by the Municipality:
• Guarantees that the Action Plan presented by the company is adopted by the City Council in less than 90 days from the date the request was registered.
• Releases, upon a complete request being made, a Planning Permission in less than 60 days from the request.
• Ensures an online 'front office' service or a dedicated section in the municipality's portal where investors or potential investors can find all useful information.
• Uses and implements the 'electronic desk'.
• Simplifies payments by creating a single contact for the payment of all expenses owed to the municipality and other entities.
• Uses the SUAP [single contact point for productive activity] for proper additions to the Electronic Company File.
• Guarantees a training course for the SUAP operators.
• Participates in training programs related to the Electronic Company File.
Economic and fiscal incentives
• Declares in advance all the urban planning and construction expenses, making sur not to introduce additional expenses.
• Provides for an IMU [municipal property tax] + TASI [municipal tax on community services] tax rate of 0.76‰ in the areas identified.
• Provides reimbursement of IMU and TASI debits and credits.
• Reduces the primary and secondary land development expenses for the identified areas, as follows: Standard parameter of the Municipality: 40,40/€smq Improvement parameter for the identified areas: 20.20 €/sqm
• Reduces the qualitative standard and any expenses needed to change designation of use by 50%.
Promotional activities and assistance to investors
• Provides preliminary consulting services and support to companies in the presentation and implementation of their projects, with the issuance of written opinions if requested in the proposal.
• Holds regular meetings to solve any problems with the investment process and to provide support regarding methods for payment of local taxes.