ATTRACTIVENESS AGREEMENT BETWEEN REGIONE LOMBARDIA
Five are greenfield opportunities identified by the Municipality, all private properties, to be used for industrial and craft activities, for a total territorial area of over 174,000 square meters: Retraining San Gaudenzio 1, Retraining San Gaudenzio 2, Via Emilia, Via Milan and Via Milano 2.
To enhance this areas, thanks to the regional contribution, the Municipality will put in place some strategic interventions, including the redevelopment of the main access routes to settlement opportunities (Via Milano and the motorway link) and the technological adaptation of Palazzo Certosa Cantù.
Among the commitments undertaken by the Municipality, the use and implementation of the electronic desk of the one-stop shop is particularly useful, in order to enhance the electronic presentation of practices from 80% to 100%, and the reduction of urbanization charges (primary and secondary ) of 50% of the applied value.
Particularly, the following measures / incentives are being applied by the Municipality:
- Guarantees that the Action Plan presented by the company is adopted by the City Council in less than 90 days from the date the request was registered.
- Releases, upon a complete request being made, a Planning Permission in less than 60 days from the request.
- Ensures an online 'front office' service or a dedicated section in the municipality's portal where investors or potential investors can find all useful information.
- Uses and implements the 'electronic desk'.
- Uses the SUAP [single contact point for productive activity] for proper additions to the Electronic Company File.
- Guarantees a training course for the SUAP operators.
- Participates in training programs related to the Electronic Company File.
Economic and fiscal incentives
- Declares in advance all the urban planning and construction making sur not to introduce additional expenses.
- Provides for an IMU [municipal property tax] + TASI [municipal tax on community services] tax rate of 10‰ in the bulding areas and 7.6‰ for built surfaces.
- Reduces the TARI [waste disposal tax] by 22% from the current amount.
- Provides reimbursement of IMU and TASI debits and credits.
- Reduces the primary and secondary land development expenses as follows: Costs of urban planning primary - Value applied: 5.00 €/sqm (51% of the approved value applied) Costs of urban planning secondary. Value applied: 2.50 €/sqm (52% of the approved value applied) Urban standards Value applied: 20.00€/sqm (50% of the approved value applied) Costs waste disposal: Value applied: 2.00€/sqm (48% of the approved value applied)
- Reduces the qualitative standard and any expenses needed to change designation of use by 22%.
Promotional activities and assistance to investors
- Provides preliminary consulting services and support to companies in the presentation and implementation of their projects, with the issuance of written opinions if requested in the proposal.
- Holds regular meetings to solve any problems with the investment process and to provide support regarding methods for payment of local taxes.
Enables forms of collaboration with the credit institutions in the region.
Why invest in Casteggio?
In the Pavia area, in which the Casteggio Municipality is located, there are four territorial vocations: agri-food, food and wine and eco-sustainable tourism, logistics, and the production sector both for the transformation of agri-food products and the advanced tertiary sector and start-ups.
The area boasts traditional activities and a vigorous agricultural sector, that has a significant weight in the local economy. Oltrepò is one of the most important wine-growing areas in Italy, the third largest after Chianti and the Prosecco area of Conegliano-Valdobbiadene, and the quality of its wine is increasing more and more. The territory is crossed by the 45th parallel North, the "parallel of wine", which runs through the most suitable areas for viticulture.
In the area, was developed the Oltrepò Pavese Quality Wine District as an aggregation tool for wineries with the aim of qualifying, consolidating and distinguishing the socio-economic development of the area. Among the goals of the district there are:
➢ to enhance the wine sector of Oltrepò Pavese and the connected economic sectors;
➢ to support internationalization;
➢ to guarantee assistance to agri-food businesses;
➢ to introduce technological innovation paths also by collaborating in research and development initiatives;
➢ to involve producers and consumers in the process of getting to know and enhance the Oltrepò Pavese wine.
The agri-food sector is considered to be of primary importance for the economy of Pavia; there are many quality food and wine productions, some of which rare ecognized by quality brands, such as Salame di Varzi DOP or Salame d'oca di Mortara IGP, but the two main products are the Lomellina rice and, as mentioned earlier, the Oltrepò wine.
In addition to the agricultural sector, there is that of tourist accommodation. The administrators and economic operators of the territory attribute an important role to the sector in the relaunch of the Oltrepò Pavese, which, in recent years, has been recognized as the area with the greatest environmental, hiking, climatic, cultural and architectural potential in the Province. A diverse and valuable historical and environmental heritage makes this area potentially attractive for the tourism market and for various users.
At the moment, the sectors with the highest growth rate are those of logistics and advanced services.
- Some interesting features for the advanced tertiary sector can be found near university offices, through which it is possible to activate collaborations and draw professionalism in case of need for person selection; in the presence of a network of specialized services; in the presence of companies linked to the reference chain to facilitate exchanges; in the presence of specific professionals; in good accessibility and in a good public transport service; near airports and stations.
- The Casteggio area is also of great interest for logistics as it has good accessibility and proximity to important basins to limit travel costs and times. It is in fact located in a strategic position from an infrastructural point of view, as it is only 3 km from the A21 motorway entrance "Casteggio - Casatisma" (also called "wine highway"), reachable through the SP 35 ex SS " 'Giovi State Road'. The A21 also represents a connecting node with other important highways, among which the interconnection with the A7 certainly stands out (which can also be reached from Casteggio by making other routes), the one with the A26 and the one with the A1. Important for international activities is also the proximity to airports.