ATTRACTIVENESS AGREEMENT BETWEEN
The Municipality identified a private-owned, brownfield settlement opportunities of 21,400 square meters of total gross area - the former paper mill for industrial / artisanal use.
The Municipality is planning to realize redevelopment works of the “Strada dei Fort”, near the junction of the future ring road of Tirano, access route to the industrial area. Moreover, it expects to implement digital interventions through the supply of home automation accessories, such as “smart locks” for regulating the access to the coworking spaces of young and businesses innovation center.
Among the commitments of the Municipality, the implementation of the business IT file, through the Impresainungiorno application and the 100% TARI and TASI exemption.
Particularly, the following interventions are being applied by the Municipality:
- Guarantees that the Action Plan presented by the company is adopted by the City Council in less than 90 days from the date the request was registered.
- Releases, upon a complete request being made, a Planning Permission in less than 60 days from the request.
- Ensures an online 'front office' service or a dedicated section in the municipality's portal where investors or potential investors can find all useful information.
- Uses and implements the 'electronic desk'.
- Uses the SUAP [single contact point for productive activity] for proper additions to the Electronic Company File.
- Guarantees a training course for the SUAP operators.
- Participates in training programs related to the Electronic Company File.
Economic and fiscal incentives
- Declares in advance all the urban planning and construction making sur not to introduce additional expenses.
- Provides for an IMU [municipal property tax] + TASI [municipal tax on community services] tax rate in the areas identified as follow: IMU cat. cadastral A/1, A/8 e A/9 tax rate 4‰ For all other categories, incl. building areas, tax rate 10.60‰ TASI applied only for the main residence and the cat. cadastral A/1, A/8 and A/9, tax rate 2‰. Not applied for all other categories.
- Provides reimbursement of IMU and TASI debits and credits.
- Reduces the primary and secondary land development expenses for the identified areas, as follows: Standard parameter of the Municipality: € 8.00/smq (existing) € 16.00/smq (new) Improvement parameter for the identified areas: € 6.40/smq (existing) € 12.80/smq (new).
Promotional activities and assistance to investors
- Provides preliminary consulting services and support to companies in the presentation and implementation of their projects, with the issuance of written opinions if requested in the proposal.
- Holds regular meetings to solve any problems with the investment process and to provide support regarding methods for payment of local taxes.
Why invest in Tirano?
Tirano is one of the reference municipalities in Valtellina and it boasts a strategic position for cross-border connections. The presence of the Swiss railway has given new impetus to local tourism with a direct opening towards the foreign market.
Among the territorial vocations, the good specialization in the wood sector, over 80% of the wood produced in Italy is processed here, and the one made by local companies is PEFC and FSC certified, therefore of quality. These non-ernegivorous companies on the contrary contribute to the production of energy by supplying waste to the heating and thermal power plant. The Polo Poschiavo, a knowledge center for continuous training and accompaniment of development projects, offers a rich variety of training courses every year.
The area has a strong presence of renewable energy sources, fueled by the use of virgin biomass combustibles, untreated renewable energy, whose supplies are guaranteed by the material supplied daily by sawmills and local companies.
Tirano and the whole territory are home to important industries, which generate the movement of goods and related activities in the area, as well as giving employment to its municipalities. The different sectors in which they operate go from the production of electric and thermal energy to the industrial sector, from medical to fashion, from boating to transport and logistics.
Among the Institutions and the relevant subjects in the territory there are: the Terziere Valtellina Superiore Tourist Consortium, the Valtellina Cultural District, the District of Commerce of Inter-municipal relevance-DID Tirano from Alpine Crossroads to District - Tirano leader, Tirano Valtellina Mountain Community, which is composed of 12 Municipalities, and BIM Adda which includes the 77 Municipalities of the Province of Sondrio.
In Valtellina, agro-food excellences survives handed down for generations. These include cheeses, wines, bresaola, apples, pizzoccheri and honey. They constitute a unique food and wine tradition, which is today protected by ``Valtellina che gusto'', the Valtellina Quality Agri-food District, which brings together the Protection Consortia, the associations of typical products and many manufacturing companies.
The recognizable Valtellina brand, also known internationally, makes the variety of agricultural activities with the production of typical quality products a driving force for local food and wine tourism, together with the sustainable one due to the presence of numerous tourist routes that combine natural beauty and the landscape use with architectural, historical and cultural emergencies.
For the future of the area, is expected an expansion of the present supply chains, in particular:
- the wood supply chain, with the possibility of establishing new networks between the already present operators and the introduction of new players who deal with very specialized processes;
- the supply chains linked to the development of new renewable energies technologies, with the creation of a Green Community for sustainable development that would lead to the energy independence of the territory.
Furthermore, the Municipality should pursue new ideas for tourism and hospitality. Finally, it should support the "Sbrighes!" Project, developed within Tirano, whose aim is to transform 12 municipalities of the mountain area into an attraction pole for young people and families under 35, stimulating self-entrepreneurship and promoting work-family reconciliation. Among the initiatives proposed, there are: opening a youth ideas’ incubator and a coworking space, as well as two laboratories, one linked to the co-design of new services and the other dedicated to the experimentation and digital prototyping of productions and innovative craft processes, also thanks to the involvement of local companies and retired workers (fundamental aspect of the project).