The Grand Hotel San Pellegrino Terme
Total GIA18.470 m²
TimingCompletion of the work 2021
The Grand Hotel, an architectural symbol of the Italian Liberty period, was built in 1905. The property is comprised of a basement floor, six stories and an attic with a secondary body of minor dimensions.
The redevelopment project of the hotel facility will respect the original architecture and structure, with the objective of restoring all the architectural and decorative elements both inside and outside. The project foresees the realization of a wellness centre, 110 rooms (with an area of about 40 sqm), while the attic space will host services for clients. The requalification intervention of the Grand Hotel is part of the wider project of touristic and employment development in the Brembana Valley, that over the years has had other requalification interventions of the main buildings of the city, amongst which the Thermal Centre (a wellness centre built in Liberty style), the city Casino (restored and enlarged for meetings, congresses and weddings), the San Pellegrino Mineral Water warehouse and the funicular station.
San Pellegrino Terme
San Pellegrino Terme is the pearl of the Brembana Valley, a sophisticated art nouveau treasure trove whose internationally acclaimed, top quality mineral water sets it apart from other towns.
Although originally characterised by poverty, plague and rural homes, once the production of mineral water started in the 19th century, San Pellegrino started setting itself apart and developing an architecture unlike any other in the valley. San Pellegrino’s history did not, however, commence with art nouveau, but with 15th century relics and 18th century religious buildings before the main attractions arrived on the scene, the Casino and Grand Hotel of the Belle Époque. The construction of elegant private homes and public spaces, that offer a sensation of walking through the past, continued until the second World War.